SCRUFF, one of the largest global gay social networks worldwide, has an opening for a Product Manager in our New York office. We’re a small company without much hierarchy, so the ability to make an impact is significant.
As a Product Manager, you will work closely with our product, development and marketing teams to guide products and promotions from concept to launch. You will crunch data to evaluate the impact of new and improved features. You will conduct usability testing, user interviews, and other qualitative analytics to help us understand what hard data cannot tell us about our members. In short, you will play a key role defining and delivering the future of gay social networking!
You will be responsible for defining functionality, free/pro feature splits, evaluating existing features and competitive services both domestically and internationally, and measuring the impact of what we build by evaluating metrics collected by our data warehouse.
You will also be central to driving numerous product marketing initiatives, specifically around sending offers, in-app alerts, push notifications, and targeted emails. You will work closely with Marketing department to design, drive and evaluate these initiatives. An intimate knowledge of our community and customer is essential. You will both learn about our brand and help us take it to the next level.
SCRUFF regularly conducts research and polling of our community; you will drive these initiatives from start to finish.
Your input will make a huge strategic impact on the company, and we will look to you to know our customer, drive product development, prioritize and manage a backlog of initiatives, regularly present to company stakeholders on the roadmap, progress, and learnings.
- • Exceptional time and project management capabilities
- • Experience working on software development teams, with at least one successful product shipped
- • Statistical and mathematical experience, to evaluate the impact and efficacy of feature improvements and additions, as well as product marketing initiatives
- • Experience conducting usability testing, user interviews, and other forms of qualitative analysis
- • Experience managing product roadmaps with product management software (ProdPad, Trello, etc.)
- • Experience with bug tracking (Lighthouse, JIRA, etc.)
- • SQL experience in extracting performance metrics
- • Intuition for mobile apps and the social networking product category
- • An ability to synthesize and listen to multiple viewpoints
Ideal candidates have a minimum of 3-4 years of prior product development experience and 2+ years in product management.
Talk to us
If you're excited by what we've described, talk to us! Email scruff.ProManager@applynow.io with Product Manager in the subject line.